Self outing in Los Angeles
Los Angeles is the largest city in California and the second largest in the United States, belongs to the County of Los Angeles. The city also was called by the Vietnamese in Los neighborhoods.
1. Go back
From the airport to the city, take a taxi, you can choose Prime Time shuttle www.primetimeshuttle.com $ 15- $ 20 / person, depending on location. If booked in advance, they will give the code number, and not have to wait long. If not booked in advance, out of the airport to find areas to curb green pickup. Alternatively, take the bus to the city, but if no obvious need to address, do not go for the bus in LA had to wait quite a long time (with the car to wait for an hour - if necessary to not point on the axis Main). In the city, the bus system and rail Metrol go to the sights, shopping centers is quite convenient. But wait a long car. Most cars are running 24 / 24h. But should not go Metrol rail (underground) in the evening.
Tickets: $ 5 / day, $ 18 / week for unlimited ride trong LA. If more than 1 week in LA and have a student card: $ 24 / month.
Tickets purchased at the bus day, week and monthly tickets purchased ticket at 7-Eleven stores, Ralph, MTC, or some other supermarkets. Ticket locations can be viewed at: www.metro.net
Ask for a bus map (available at the Visitors Center), to know the car and the road route.
Go San Francisco: Virgin America with tickets $ 29 / one way + tax. The new aircraft, clean, strange. If you want to go cheaper, they may go greyhound at www.greyhound.com promotional fares (buy before 2 weeks) is $ 36 / one way (no tax), 2nd person is $ 18 / one way. There are many hours away, about 7 hours is arriving. If you want to save time, then go the night, the next morning to San Francisco's. Going back greyhound student type, like long distance bus at his home. In addition, the car also heard similar Amtrack greyhound but a bit more expensive.
However, bus or other public transportation in the United States primarily for the poor, black ... so it seems unsafe. Ideally you should put the royal bus in Cali. This is the car company from Vietnam, have decent license and service from the city have many Vietnamese live.
At the convergence of interests often Visitor Center. These offices provide city maps, bus maps, tourist guides, the discount coupon ... They also advise tourists safe areas and those areas should not go in the evening (for safety).
Hollywood: Walk of Fame (the sidewalk tied the inscription names of famous Hollywood stars 5 fields: film, television, photo, radio and comedy?) Beverly Hills, home of the celebrities, Sunset Boulevard ( associated with the name of the film Sunset Boulevard in the 20 best films of all time), Grauman's Chinese Theater (the most famous movie theater in the world). Studio Universal Studios (one of the oldest 3 studios in Hollywood). They have a tour to visit all these points - google CityPass to know what the tour included. If you do not take the tour, can also very convenient bus ride and more predictable time and place to visit. Generally should not expect many will help disappointed. Places not really too impressive, splendid and ancient as our reputation. The movie lovers if they had noticed it would meet the celebrities (celebrities) to go back on the streets in the area filming, especially in shopping at Santa Monica Beach, and ice cream shop Pinkberry. Notice the huge dark glasses and wide-brimmed hat. Fares in the studio Universal Studio is $ 90. Hollywood should also see The Wicked ($ 20), and IMAX (3D films, ticket price $ 15- $ 20).
Disneyland: If you want to experience many emotions in one day, you should go at Disneyland Theme Park. There are quiet places such fairytale, and there are places on the Homepage fear flying hairs (Today things have already heard all the chairs nun pee). Generally not for the faint of heart, or hypertension. If you have to, certain to see water show (unfortunately quite late around 9pm) - unique performances recreated the cartoon characters on the steam. Tickets at $ 60 / day / unlimited ride. There are buses to take place.
UCLA: One of the top universities in the US. And beautiful campus. Do not be surprised if meet homeless sleeping in the library rather academic.
Some ethnic enclaves zone: America's largest Chinatown (?), Little Tokyo (one of which saved many vestiges of the Japanese before and during World War 1 bar in the US, where the famous monument Go for Broke, and people think mochi icecream dishes - the combination of hot and cold, yin and yang unique - yummy!), Korean Town and Filipino Town.
• McDonald's, Taco Bell, Subway ... as usual.
• If you want to eat Tau, Vietnam and Thailand, then to China Town. Price from $ 2. Hygiene is a bit problematic. Thai food is more expensive ($ 7)
• Japanese food, then to Little Tokyo (Japanese Village Plaza Special Zone). The shop here around $ 6- $ 12 which is edible. So hot in Daikukya try ramen, ramen Chop Suey is cold in E. 1st Street between San Pedro Street and Alameda cut, miso soup at the restaurant is between Mikawaya Icecream and Nyzia Market. The other Japanese dishes like tempura, sushi, are in the Japanese restaurant in Little Tokyo. Also have bento in Nyzia Market supermarket, a $ 4- $ 8 is quite convenient to take.
• Korean dish in Korea Town near Western Ave and E. 5th street. Prices and on. Or maybe eat at Korean BBQ in town E. 1st Street in Little Tokyo, hot, delicious, beautiful and rough price is ($ 5 or more). Eat BBQ ribs, udon, seafood hot pot, and pugogi (do not know what is more Vietnamese)
• If you want to eat many different dishes in one place is to Farmers Market in the Grove (W. 3rd Street). Oodles of dishes to choose, look particularly delicious eye. Prices and on. This is one of the places to visit, especially at night. Grove Park almost adolescent in LA are known, such as the Youth in Hanoi.
Water pollution is severe in LA, if you want to protect health, you should drink bottled water.
Maybe in Ks Hungtngton Beach, Huntington Beach - opposite supermarket, Cosco, way Phuc Loc Tho area about 5 minutes drive.